Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Sourdough Brunch at Tommy Le Baker

Friday, 27 October 2023

Our Friday began with Sherilyn's dental appointment at 9:30 a.m., where she had her teeth and braces checked. Originally, I was meant to send her to the dentist, but hubby had to make a trip to Lee’s Frozen at Jalan Kg Attap to stock up for his catering events next week. He volunteered to take her to the dentist, leaving us with an unexpected opportunity for a family brunch at Tommy Le Baker.  The bakery is located opposite Lee's Frozen.

Lately, I had been yearning for a taste of crispy sourdough bread loaded with savoury fillings. Tommy Le Baker had been on my list for a while, and the stars aligned for our visit today.

Our order was an ensemble of mouthwatering sourdough sandwiches. I opted for a combination of salmon and egg mayo, while Sherilyn went for the savory beef filling. My husband, always the generous orderer, selected crispy toasted sourdough slices accompanied by generous rolls of butter and marmalade, a melted cheese sourdough sandwich, alongside a delightful quiche.  We were in sourdough heaven!


My yummy salmon and egg mayo sourdough sandwich.




Crispy sourdough slices with thick, sinful rolls of salted butter and marmalade jam. 


Quiche


Melted cheese sourdough sandwich. 


Despite our hearty appetites, we found ourselves with leftovers, so I packed them up for Cass, who’s also a sourdough fan. I added a wholesome rye, banana, and coconut muffin to sweeten her day.

Sometimes, the best moments are the ones that unfold spontaneously.


No comments: