For optimal health, the general recommendation is around 2.1 liters (about 9 cups) of water a day for women and 3.1 liters (about 13 cups) for men, although individual needs vary depending on factors such as activity level, climate and overall health.
My challenge is that I don't really enjoy drinking plain water at room temperature. I prefer it chilled, but cold drinks tend to trigger phlegm for me. Since warm water feels gentler and is easier for me to sip throughout the day, I found another way to make hydration more enjoyable.
The answer? Tea!
I'm a huge tea lover. I enjoy almost every kind of tea—flower teas, green tea, matcha, black tea, flavoured teas, dried fruit teas and herbal infusions.
I also love lemon and lime drinks, but after years of drinking them regularly, the acidity affected my tooth enamel. So I stopped drinking fresh lemon and lime juice frequently. Instead, I use dehydrated lemon slices, which add a lovely citrus fragrance and pair beautifully with different teas and herbs. I still add a few drops of organic lemon juice into my water every now and then to make the water more palatable.
Here are some of my favourite tea concoctions:
🍵 1. Chrysanthemum flower buds + osmanthus flowers + dried hawthorn
🍵 2. Green tea + chrysanthemum flower buds + saffron
🍵 3. Green tea + osmanthus flowers + dried lemon slices
🍵 4. Dried lemon slices + dried hawthorn + half teaspoon black tea + fresh blue pea flowers
🍵 5. Chrysanthemum flower buds + dried lemon slices
🍵 6. Peppermint tea + chamomile tea
🍵 7. Chrysanthemum flower buds + osmanthus flower + half teaspoon black tea + saffron + goji berries
I get my dried chrysanthemum flower buds, hawthorn and other flowers from an online seller on Shopee. What's already sitting in my cart now is dried dandelion, which I plan to add to my future tea experiments.
I find it so much fun creating different tea combinations every day. It turns something as simple as drinking water into a little daily ritual—and it helps me reach my hydration goal too.
These warm, fragrant teas make staying hydrated so much easier.
I always get my chrysanthemum flowers, dried hawthorn and other dried flowers and herbs from this seller on Shopee > https://s.shopee.com.my/18uYGeZnY
Do you enjoy drinking tea? What's your favourite tea combination? I would love to discover some new blends! 💛
| Dried lemon + hawthorn + black tea + blue pea flower tea |
| Chrysanthemum + osmanthus + green tea |
| Chrysanthemum + osmanthus + saffron + green tea |
| Chrysanthemum + lemon + green tea |
| Chrysanthemum + hawthorn + osmanthus tea |
| Chrysanthemum + hawthorn + blue pea flower + green tea |
2 comments:
Wow, you have given me some great ideas to make my teas, thank you!
Happy tea making, Siew Kim! ;)
Post a Comment