Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Mum Worries

The past week, my mind has been flooded with all sorts of worries.

I’m a professional worrier and overthinker. 😂 So when problems crop up, I basically double up on the worrying and overthinking.

I worry about my daughters’ relationships, their university studies, whether they’ll pass their exams or suddenly decide to drop out. Someone has already switched course mid way and it's a very tedious (and costly!) process.  I worry when they’re not home yet — Why are they home so late?! — and worry even more when they don’t reply my messages. 😩

I can be quite negative at times too. I don’t have the best relationship with “thinking positive” — sometimes the outcome isn’t exactly encouraging. 😂

No names mentioned here because I have a feeling my daughters secretly read my blogs and Facebook page. 

It’s tough being a mum, even when your kids are young adults. You can’t exactly breathe down their necks because they’ll tell you to relax and they may not want you to know too much too … so you worry quietly lor. 😂

Anyone else in the same boat with young adult kids?

PS - My TOTD - green tea with homegrown blue pea flowers and purple flowers (don't know its scientific name but it has medicinal properties).




No comments: