Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chicken Pox Meds



Our doctor prescribed these meds to Sherilyn - Zorax Suspension (to thwart the chicken pox virus from proliferating), an anti-itching syrup and a topical cream to apply on the pox. I did not feed Sher with the anti-itching syrup as the spots didn't cause her any itching. I never knew that there's meds to reduce the severity of CP. When I had CP 15 years ago, I just suffered very badly in bed for a week and only applied calamine lotion to ease the itch.

The Zorax Suspension needed to be taken 4 times a day and there were times when I had forgotten to feed her. Guess who reminded me to feed Sher the meds? Sher's cheh cheh! Alycia is now my very helpful assistant and she can remind me to do things, pacify her baby sister and help me fetch things around the house.

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

poor sher. she still has chicken pox? normally how long does it take for the chicken pox to go away?

allthingspurple said...

Sherilyn had chicken pox? oh dear !! Hope Baby C didn't get it from her. Baby C is still so young. Hope Sherilyn is better now.