Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Homecooked Food

Whenever my mil is around, she normally does the cooking and I don't have to lift a finger.... and I am lucky as cooking takes up a lot of time, energy and sweat. Now that she's away, I have to plan the cooking, which has to be simple dishes and do the cooking myself as my maid can't cook despite teaching her repeatedly and I can't be away from Baby C for too long.

I cooked these yesterday :

Stir-fried 'kwai tau miu' or baby french beans with garlic.



Stir-fried choy sum with garlic.


And bak kut teh with 2 hard boiled eggs, dried mushrooms, foo choke (dried soy bean sheets), dried bamboo fungus and RM20 worth of pork ribs. I thought of cooking a big pot and deep freezing half a portion but everything was polished off the same night! The bak kut teh was a big hit with everyone. Even my fussy caterer hubby who had sore throat ate it!


Also cooked a big pot of pork ribs and fish slice congee for hubby. Mr Fussy Pot didn't complain and polished off the pot of congee too.... and I was one happy housewife! Nothing makes me happier than everyone enjoying and finishing what I've cooked without any fuss and complaints :)

Click here to find out what we ate at Crystal Jade Chinese Restaurant @ Gardens Mid Valley on Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah...u can cook too...must teach me how to cook bak kut teh...my hubby loves bak kut teh. :)

Niya prakash said...

Hi Shireen

Nutritious dishes !!!

Alicia said...

u r reli a good mom n wife!!

Bits said...

You are right Shireen, a sense of satisfaction!