Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Phone Call From Alycia's School Principal

My heart skipped a beat or two last week when I received a call from Alycia's pre-school principal. She has never called me when Alycia is in school. Well, any call from the school during school hours is not a good thing right? When my maid told me "mam, ada talipon dari sekolah Alycia", I felt this sudden pang right in the middle of my tummy and I think the color of my face must have turned pale white. "Oh shit" I thought, I hope Alycia has not hurt herself. Thank God Alycia didn't hurt herself. The principal just wanted to confirm with me that Alycia is participating in a school concert in October as we have to pay RM100 for the costume and booking of the hall. Phew..... really gave me a scare. I've already confirmed Alycia's participation in the message book, yet she called me, silly principal. And oh yes, Alycia did hurt herself on that day. She fell and grazed her elbow during PE but thankfully it wasn't serious and she didn't cry. Boy, I just hope I will never receive any more calls from the school in future.

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

rm100 for a costume? pretty expensive eh?

slavemom said...

I know wat u mean! Hate it when they call us unnecessarily during schl hrs. Luckily Aly's elbow wasn't seriously injured.