Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

RMCO Day 27 & 28 ~ Monday & Tuesday, 6 & 7 July 2020


Monday, 6 July 2020

Someone made me SO SO SO FRIGGING MAD the entire day today that I wanted to strangle her and disown her. I was SO hopping mad I am quite certain a few days of my life were snatched away from me today.  Is this what motherhood is all about? Or is this what failure as a mom is all about I wonder?! I was so enraged and exhausted with her same shitty behavior that I just felt like bursting out and cry 😭

Even my favorite king of fruit did  not manage to prick away the seething anger in me.   Hubs paid RM150 for 3 boxes of 'kampung' D24 durians to support his supplier/friend who's now selling durians.  His friend's canopies, tables and chairs rental business has been badly affected since the start of the MCO and is now turning to selling durians while waiting for events and parties to resurface again.  A school bus driver whom I know has also taken the same route. 

These durians are one of the best I've eaten thus far.  The durians did not cause a stinging sensation in my throat or a sore throat or a tummy ache after I'd walloped 4 huge seeds of durians.  The Musang King species, known for being heavily sprayed with insecticide and pesticide, causes me sore throat and stomach discomfort every time I consume it. Thus, I now avoid Musang King and all premium species as my sensitive throat is allergic to some chemicals in these durians.



Our dinner: organic tofu with minced chicken, steamed golden pomfret with organic miso and ginger + minced garlic, stir-fried organic sweet potato leaves and pan-fried otak-otak.




Tuesday, 7 July 2020

Today is the 7.7 Mid-Year Sales which means that there is a bunch of great deals to grab from online shopping platforms! I'd already entered the item that I wanted to buy from Lazada into my shopping cart a week ago and this morning when I was on the throne, I paid for the item on my phone and saved RM12!  I'm a multi-tasker - I don't just sit on the throne and discard stuff, I always ensure that I do something useful like reading, replying to messages and paying for my online shopping stuff 😁

Here's another beautiful shot of sunrise taken at 7 a.m. today.




Last week, I found out that there were 2 more casulties in our neighborhood arising from the pandemic and MCO.  The pet shop next to Cass' music school and the optical shop that we used to go to had closed down 😪😩  With the closure of the pet shop, Cass and I will have no more pet therapy after her piano class on Saturdays.  We are terribly saddened to hear of the pet shop closure.

1 comment:

Robbin said...

Nice post. This looks tasty and healthy. Thanks for sharing:)