Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

RMCO Day 35 ~ Tuesday, 14 July 2020

Today is the last day of our 4 months long quarantine holiday at home.  It's the first of its kind holiday in the history of Malaysia and I am loving it, though not on the part where hubby's wings and income are inevitably clipped. Other than the financial part, I am loving it that I don't have to rush out of the house throughout the day to fulfill my Grab Mom duties, I love it that my girls can attend online classes at home and I don't have to worry about their safety as they're at home 24/7.  I will be super worried about them now that they will be back in school. All the WHAT IFS keep playing in my head for the past few days. What if one of my girls are infected with the sodding Virus? What if schools have to be suspended again like in other countries?  What if our country goes through another lockdown?  I can go crazy thinking about this.

Thank God I've just remembered to re-activate my school day alarm to 4:45 a.m. on my phone, else on the first day of school tomorrow, the mother and kids will still be in slumberland when the transporters ring my phone at 6:15 a.m.! What would the transporters think of the mother? 😅

So if you're a mom with a kid going back to school tomorrow, remember to re-set your alarms on your clock, phone, whatever, yeah.




For the past few days we parents have been receiving SOPs from the school teacher on school reopening.  Today's SOP from Cass' school is on a new app called 1Cube which the parents have to download onto the phone.  It's a platform where the school updates information from exam dates to exam results, homework, announcements and pre-ordering of food for the kids. Because of this sodding Virus, there are many SOPs and new procedures introduced for the safety and welfare of the students, which is really a good thing.

Screenshot of 1Cube app on my phone on pre-ordering of food:





Beautiful sunrise at 7 a.m. today:


And this marks the end of my care-free days and late nights. Tonight it's back to going into the bedroom by 10 p.m.

Back-To-School Checklist ✅ During RMCO:

Set morning alarm on phone / clock
Face mask for kid and an extra mask in kid's bag
Hand sanitizer
Wet wipes
Packet tissue papers
Fork and spoon
Water tumbler filled with water
Bag packed
Uniform - see if your kid can still fit into his/her uniform after 4 months of being sedentary at home!
School shoes - see if your kid can still fit into his/her shoes
Socks
Lunch box
Bring out thermometer and check your kid's temperature before sending him/her to school.  If temperature is 37.5C and above, your kid should stay at home and be closely monitored on symptoms!

All the best to all the parents with kids going back to school tomorrow!

No comments: