Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

RMCO Day 41 ~ Monday, 20 July 2020

This morning's sunrise view at 6:45 a.m. was glorious, with beautiful scattering colors dancing in the skies,  a new beginning and another chance to live. It's the start of a brand new day with brand new hopes amidst the pandemic that's still far from over.  

The Covid-19 situation in our country ain't looking too good again with new clusters found and new cases rising to double digits again 😭.  Our PM ain't too happy with the lackadaisical attitude of some complacent Malaysians and if the numbers keep going up again, the MCO will be reimposed again 😭

 


After sending Sherilyn to school, I went to the park to continue jogging, so that I could clock in at least 6,000 steps during the sunrise morning session. I'd done a 20-minute warm up brisk walking at the condo jogging treks after sending off Cass to the school van at 6:20 a.m.. 


This is the jogging trek at the park that I've been jogging on since 1997 when I first moved to this neighborhood. Three years later, we moved to Shah Alam but moved back to this neighborhood (which was a love at first sight for me when I first step foot into this neighborhood in 1990) in 2006 and have been staying here since.

After running for 40 mins at the park and running errands mid morning, I was pleasantly surprised when my FitBit vibrated at 12 noon to buzz me that I'd clocked in 10k steps. This gave me the allowance to nosh away the delish Nasi Lemak that I'd just collected from hubby's shop 😆





Droolicious chicken rendang cooked with loads of onions, garlic, cardamom, star anise and other spices. This time it's not too spicy for my sensitive throat and stomach. I ate so much chicken rendang with fragrant santan rice that I was still feeling full by dinner time.  I'd gone against my own diet and ate 2 heap tablespoons of rice! That's a lot for someone who doesn't eat rice and on a low carb diet.


This is why I have to run so hard every morning because of all the irresistible food from hubby's shop!

I normally remove my Fitbit after jogging in the morning but today, I wore it until 8pm, just to see how many steps I normally hit in a day. And it's a whopping 16,644 steps! This is my average on a regular school going day with jogging, running around to do errands and walking around the house to carry out chores.




Home baked spicy tuna and chicken floss buns ordered online to support another SME in our neighborhood as this couple's business has been affected since the start of the MCO.








No comments: