Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, July 9, 2020

RMCO Day 29 & 30 (Wednesday 8 July & Thursday 9 July 2020)

Wednesday, 8 July 2020

Today I took Cass to the National Registration Department branch at UTC KL (Pudu) to get her 12-year old IC done.  My baby girl is no longer a baby girl but an adolescent.  Just two years ago I was at the same place with Sherilyn to get her IC done. And next year I will be here again when Alycia turns 18 and requires a change in her IC.  This is not the kind of place that I fancy going to but it's my responsibility as a parent that I have to be here.

Yesterday I went to the JPN website to find out what the MCO SOP is and whether there are changes in the operating hours. I found out that I had to book an appointment online for My Kad application. I double checked by making a call to JPN and was told to make an online booking / appointment, which I did.

When I was at JPN today, I was told by the staff that no appointment is needed for the UTC Pudu branch. However an online Janji Temu/ booking/appointment is required for other JPN branches during the MCO period.  There was a long queue outside JPN and I was told by the Rela staff controlling the crowd that I need not have to queue. I could enter JPN at my appointment time @ 11:40 a.m. but I still had to wait outside JPN and still had to  get a number ticket once I was inside and still had to wait for my turn! So it made no difference whether I made an online appointment or go in as a walk-in customer as I still had to wait for 1.5 hours.  Cass commented that had we queued up, it would have been faster for us to go inside and get our ticket number.

Nonetheless, the waiting wasn't that long. All in, we were done within 2 hours. I have to be back at the JPN office to collect Cass' My Kad tomorrow. And the penalty for our 3 months delay in applying for the IC is waived because of the MCO.




During the MCO, the number of customers that are allowed inside the office is limited and the remaining customers have to queue outside.  Crowd control is managed by a Rela member.






Thursday, 9 July 2020
I left the house at 9:30 a.m. with hubs for UTC Pudu to collect Cass' new IC.   Collection is always very fast.  Today I managed to collect the new IC in 4 minutes.  After IC collection, hubs dropped me at the famous Shin Kee beef noodles @ Petaling Street to get takeaway beef noodles.




Today is day 3 of Sherilyn on dental braces. She's still struggling to chew her food and still learning to adapt to eating with wires strapped to her teeth.  She's way better than Alycia who I remember kept pestering me to buy ice-cream and yoghurt for her meals during the initial 2 weeks when she first wore braces.  When we were at the mall, she would sit and watch us eat and then she would segued into Snowflakes or Kakigori to enjoy her fruit flavored shaved ice.

Sherilyn has been whipping up chawan mushi for herself for the past two days. She could only swallow down soft food with limited chewing, thus chawan mushi is the most ideal food for her. And she dishes out really delish chawan mushi with a 10/10 perfect texture, like the real deal from Japanese restaurants.  She adds Japanese chicken stock boiled with shiitake mushrooms, bonito flakes and Chinese cooking wine into the egg mixture.




Today aunt Connie, the girls' grand aunt came to visit us and gave us her home-baked Basque Burnt Cheesecake.  This unique looking cheesecake with a burnt top has been trending on social media recently. The cheesecake is creamy and light with a caramelized surface.  The cake will be another food that Sherilyn could gobble down effortlessly and she's so happy that the cheesecake came at such an opportune time for her.

Cass's teacher briefed the class via Zoom on school reopening on 15 July and the SOP that all the students have to adhere to strictly.



And Cass attending online art and craft class. The assignment is a tie and dye piece (using wet tissue) with poster color paint.




No comments: