Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Updates for This Week

I've been up to my eyeballs ever since schools reopened on Wednesday this week - with my Grab Mom duties, with writing jobs and with house chores. Thankfully there isn't much major cooking carried out in our kitchen by mil this week as there's been extra food for us cooked by hubby's chef for the past one week.   Any sort of pan-frying freaks me out as oil tends to fly everywhere and oh my poor hands cleaning up the horrifying grease on stoves, counter tops, tiled walls and floor! The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and painful wrist on my right hand has been reactivated and bothering me since the start of the MCO with non-stop moping and cleaning from cooking 3 meals a day for 6  pax in the house throughout the MCO.

Hubby's catering business is slowly but surely picking up as gatherings and weddings are now re-allowed by the Authorities on strict SOPs. We hope that his business will  be on full swing mode once again from August onwards.  His client who had to postpone her wedding just before the MCO started has now set a new date for the wedding, which will be held this coming Saturday. As the function will be held out of KL, hubs may need to arrange Airbnb lodging for his staff.

Hubby's diet-style dinner yesterday: 

Fruit platter : cantaloupe, guava, pineapple and cherries.


Our dinner on Thursday:


Steamed stuffed puffed tofu with fish paste, blanched organic long beans, braised pork ribs with pear, fish head curry from hubby's shop and fried eggs.

The braised pork ribs with pear and fried eggs are bought from my friend's small eatery to support her business that's been badly affected since the MCO.  I now order home-cooked style food from her eatery on Thursdays as I have Grab Mom duties till almost 10pm every Thursday and Wednesday.  Maria comes in every Wednesday and Saturday.  On days that she's here, I feel such a heavy load taken off my shoulders! Soon when hubby's business is back to its pre-Covid19 days glory, we will be able to hire Maria on a 5-6x a week basis again 🙏 but right now, we're still on a belt-tightening drive.


No comments: