Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

After Dinner Walks

It's been more than a week ever since Cass and I started our post-dinner routine to have a 30-minute brisk walk outside our condo. She seems to enjoy walking under the street lights and moonlight in the current 'Winter Monsoon' evening weather with crisp air.  I'm glad that I've finally succeeded in getting this couch potato to leave her seat to exercise after almost a year of being discombobulated from being locked up at home and away from her friends. 

This evening we walked to our neighborhood supermarket to get some green vegetables and on our walk back home, we saw an ambulance with the sirens lights flashing (sound muted); the driver and the assistant were donned on full PPE suits with face shields!  Cass and I were stunned. She told me to make a detour and not walk towards the ambulance.  These days whenever we see an ambulance with sirens muted and hospital staff donned in PPE suits, everyone talks about it and wonders which house or building is affected.  The ambulance must have been on the way to whisk away another Covid19 positive patient.  

With the number of positive cases rising not only in our neighborhood but in almost every neighborhood  in our country, I'm now beginning to worry if it's safe for schools to reopen on 20th January.  We've also decided that we will not be going back to Ipoh to celebrate CNY.  It's too risky for us to do that as my parents are high risk folks. Many cases caused by inter-state travels and holidays were reported the past one week.  The only way to flatten the curve is to revert to a lockdown (MCO) for at least 2 weeks, just like how it was in the beginning and it was a success. Much as I'm dying for the CMCO to end and for our lives to return to normal, however, the most effective way to stop the spread of infection is through a total lockdown 😥  We're now waiting for the government to make a decision on this matter.

Our breezy moonlight brisk walking yesterday with a beautiful backdrop ahead of us - KL Towers illuminated in neon purple, The Exchange 106 in the middle and a huge moon on the right.


Our walk to the supermarket today.


The photos are blur and shaky coz I took them whilst brisk walking and I did it stealthily to avoid being noticed.  Cass would give me a killer stare if she found out that I stole pix of her!


 

No comments: