Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

CMCO Day 217 ~ Tuesday, 12 January 2021

Yesterday our PM announced that our country will be placed under another lockdown ~ MCO 2.0 effective Wednesday, 13 January through 26 January 2021.  Many of us had expected this as the number of cases is not going down. We are even prepared for the MCO to be extended as we know that it's impossible to bring the number of cases down from over 3k a day to a single digit within 2 weeks.  We're now all experts with the numbers and what it takes for the numbers to go down.

Today at 11am while I was working at my desk and listening to the radio, all of a sudden, the music stopped and I heard our PM giving a speech - our country will be put in a state of 'Darurat' (Emergency) with immediate effect until 1 August 2021.  In this Emergency context, no election or by-election will be held until the Emergency ends. And if the pandemic situation is still grave, the Emergency will be extended.

With the MCO invoked again, here we go again of being locked up at home.  Sherilyn is very happy that she doesn't have to go to school yet while Alycia has to grudgingly accept the fact that it's back to school for 5th formers under strict SOPs. She's supposed to be in Form 6 or college this year but because of the seemingly never-ending pandemic, she will only sit for her SPM this year.  Her high school hasn't even announced when the SPM Trials will be held.

Many times, I really wished that the past one year was just a bad dream and I would wake up and be relieved that there's no Covid19, no lockdown, hubby's business is still as good as ever and our lives were not impacted by any pandemic and threats. 

But I'll keep my chin up, look ahead and take the bull by its horns. We're not the only ones affected and impacted. There are thousands who are in a more unpropitious situation than us - our friends in the tourism, aviation and hotel sectors, our girls' school bus drivers and even Maria, our part-time helper.  This shall one day be history and we shall all look back and be awed and amazed with our grit and perseverance. Our girls are learning something new everyday - that life is not a bed of roses everyday. From the day they were born until Covid19 struck, they've never really gone through hardship nor have to learn to be really careful with how they spend every Ringgit that they have.  This pandemic has taught them some of life's valuable lessons. I'm amazed by how matured and sensible our girls are in handling this pandemic. Sometimes they remind me to watch my spending and to cut down on unnecessary purchases.  The girls told me that they don't need any new clothes for CNY this year.  

Sherilyn today: "actually why do we need new clothes for CNY? I can cut short my old red shirts and I'll have new red cropped shirts!"

Cass: "please don't force me to buy anymore clothes. I don't need any new clothes"

Alycia today: "why do we have so much food on the table everyday huh? We DON'T need so much food.  Can you keep the salmon fish for tomorrow? We're poor folks  now you know"  

😁😂😆

My girls really crack me up sometimes.

Yesterday Sherilyn cooked Mille-Feuille Nabe again, at my request. I just love every aspect of this dish - from the taste to the nutrition content, the mood-lifting vibrant colors to how easy it is to cook it.  This is truly my kind of dish - healthy, one-pot and no oil spills.









No comments: