Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 25, 2021

Cancellation of Doctor's Appointment

I cancelled my appointment to see the head of Urologist at HKL last Friday after hubs told me that there's an active Covid19 cluster at HKL (Jalan Pahang Cluster). Actually I wanted to go ahead with the doctor's appointment as it's not easy to get an appointment for Cass and I to see Dr S during the MCO. Dr S will only see patients on a case by cases basis.  And only emergency surgeries will be carried out during the MCO.   But hubs was very insistent that I postponed the appointment due to the surge in Covid cases for the past few days.  

I called the nurse in charged of Cass' case and asked her if I could instead speak to the doctor over the phone.  She then helped me to get Dr S to speak to me via phone the next morning.   Dr S discussed with me what she intends to do - which is to have a repeat Urodynamics test done and from the result, she will determine if it's viable to do a Endourethral injection of bulking agents into Cass' bladder neck.  Cass did a Urodynamics test more than six years ago, when she was six years old.  

As to the MAG3 scan that Cass did last December, I'm thankful and relieved to hear that Cass' kidney function is good on both kidneys. 

It's going to be a long and tedious journey ahead for Cass and me, her primary caregiver.  But Cass and I will soldier on no matter how tough the journey will be.  We know that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.   

No comments: