Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Saturday, 30 January 2021

For weeks I've been bugging Sherilyn to cook Indonesian yellow fish soup and even got her all the ingredients needed to make this flavorful and healthy soup. She finally made a big pot yesterday and I mean a really big pot  that's enough to last us for at least 3 or 4 meals!  We added fresh fish to the soup today and will probably add something else like fish balls or meat balls to go with noodles tomorrow.

Our lunch and dinner yesterday ~ Nasi Ulam and Indonesian yellow fish soup.



The fresh torch ginger flower elevates the Nasi Ulam and gives it more depth of flavor.  Sherilyn even made the Kerisik (toasted grated coconut) herself. 

We added fresh fish into the soup for our dinner today -



Sherilyn is a terrific cook who preps her food with a lot of passion. Many of my friends asked if she's going to pursue a course in culinary arts but no. I got a shock when Sherilyn told me recently that she'd like to study something related to Science and Medicine, in particular heart and brain. But she's only concerned about the cost and whether she has the perseverance to complete the entire course.  She recently registered herself in a X-Culture Collaborative Project online course to improve herself.  I do think that Sherilyn can become a doctor if she puts 200% effort into her dreams. We have two doctors in our family (from hubby's side) - a renowned heart surgeon in the UK (hubby's uncle - google Dr John Yap) and a doctor also in the UK (hubby's cousin).  Anyway, I think a teenager's ambition keeps changing. Once upon a time, she wanted to be a professional dancer.  For now, I hope that the girls can go back to school to attend physical classes.  My radar is now on Alycia who'll be sitting for her SPM in 3 weeks.  I'll just settle her in college first.



No comments: