Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 16, 2021

MCO Day 220 ~ Friday, 15 January 2021 (Kittens For Adoption)

A mother cat gave birth to a litter of 6 super cute kitties right outside hubby's office recently. Hubs and I are not exactly cat lovers but we will not turn these cute little fluff balls away if they were left at our door step.  Hubs and I have been trying to get cat lovers to take these kitties to their forever homes.  

Yesterday I took Cass to her dad's office to get our dose of pet therapy.  I bought a packet of tuna cat food for mummy cat. For the first time, Cass got a taste of handling these fragile kitties. We don't know how old they are, though. According to hubs, they're about 1-2 weeks old.  One day, hubs discovered faint cries under an industrial stove outside his office and he was shocked to see a litter of baby cats.   He dared not touch the kitties for fear that the mother cat would attack him. He thought there were 4 of them but yesterday we discovered 6! 

What a heartwarming sight when the industrial stove was pushed aside:



Hubs placed the kittens in an unused tray.



Waiting for their mom to come back to feed them. They were so weak that I could hardly hear their cries.



Love at first sight ~ my favorite kitty.


This orange kitty reminds me of Simba from the Lion King.


If anyone of you would like to adopt these kittens, please email me at shireenyong@gmail.com or Whatsapp me at 019-2627 887.  We're located at Old Klang Road, KL.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Bless you and your husband for taking care of the kitties. Just breaks my heart. We recently adopted a rescue cat who lost one eye. She is the most interactive cat I’ve ever had! So cute and cheeky! I do hope the kittens get adopted. It’s usually suggested that they be 8 weeks old to be adopted and taken away from the mummy cat; they need to be on mother’s milk for the antibodies etc. A great big thank you once again!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris
I didnt know that kittens (and maybe all baby animals) cannot be separated from their mothers until they're at least 8 weeks old, until a resident commented in my Taman Facebook group (I'd posted the adoption notice there). My hubby's melted too when he saw the kittens and guess what? Yesterday he bought a pet carrier and told me that he will adopt 1 kitten to be placed in his office! LOL!
But since we're not supposed to separate the kittens from their mother yet, we will just let them be. If they're still there a month later, we may adopt one for his office :)