Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, January 22, 2021

Update On The Stray Baby Kittens

I've been checking on the baby kittens every other day while hubs feeds the mother cat everyday.  Last week mommy cat freaked out when hubs and his staff were moving some tables and chairs. The loud sounds and movement of heavy objects must have scared her and she transferred her babies to another hiding place, a hardware shop just two doors away.  But she's now quite comfortable seeing us and would not run away whenever she sees us.  She even allows me to go near her babies, though I try hard to resist stroking the cute fluff balls lest mommy cat thinks I'm going to take her babies away. 

And guess what? Hubs' heart was so moved by the kittens that he is going to adopt one BUT the kitten will be placed in his office.  He bought a cat carrier last Sunday, all ready to bring the kitten to the vet for vaccination! I'm not sure how he's going to do it as we have zilch experience with cats and kittens. And how are we going to take the kitten away when mommy cat is always around? She's going to get very upset and hostile if she saw us taking her baby away.  A cat lover friend of ours will be going to the shop tomorrow with a cat litter to litter train the cats.  The hardware shop owner is cat lover and he previously adopted a stray kitten when the mother cat gave birth outside his shop.

Today I finally got a better glimpse of the kittens and I'm so glad that all 6 babies are still alive.  Get ready for some heart melting photos of the adorable kittens with stormy blue eyes!  And if you're looking to adopt these kitties, do drop me a comment.  As advised by friends, we will not separate the kittens from their mother for at least 8 weeks.  I think it will be another 4-5 weeks before the kittens are ready for adoption.  





Mommy cat - she has green eyes.






No comments: