Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Simple And No-Brainer Dishes

On weekdays, we have pretty simple food and on weekends, hubby will bring us out to have more decent meals and occasionally splurge on elaborate meals.

On most weekdays, there'll be excess food from hubby's shop, so I only need to cook a veggie dish.  I'm very happy as long as I don't have to cook and dirty the kitchen. 

This is what I had for brunch several days ago:

Air-fried shishamo, scrambled eggs, and half an avocado.


After brunch, I had less than an hour to whip up lunch for Cass.  Her UEC trials are ongoing for two weeks and she comes home very early on exam days. So I cooked fried noodles.


Fried noodles for everyone. 


One-pot veggie + mushroom + foo pei, miso paste, and chicken soup.  The chicken stock is from Japan, which MIL bought when she went to Japan for a holiday recently. It's really convenient to just throw in a packet or a cube of dehydrated chicken stock and a few tablespoons of miso paste to make delicious soups.


Purple + yellow sweet potato and purple + yellow sweet corn kernel 'tong sui' with pandan leaves, gula Melaka, and evaporated milk for myself.


No comments: