Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Very Simple, No-Brainer Dishes

As most of you already know, I do not like cooking because of having to deal with the aftermath of cooking.  Actually, I used to love cooking and making healthy breads when I had live-in maids for 10 years. My maids would do almost all the prep work and washing up and I just had to cook. So easy and fun. But with no one helping me now and a part-time maid who cannot come reliably on the days that she's supposed to come, I have resorted to cooking really easy-peasy meals that are a total no-brainer; like dumping an assortment of veggies into the rice cooker together with the rice, steaming, baking and air-frying meats.  

The thought of pan-frying, searing, and deep-frying just turns me off because of oil flying everywhere! 😬


Marinating chicken drummets and wings and leaving them in the fridge for 1-2 days.


Oven-grilled marinated Beacon chicken drummets and wings with red rice + parboiled rice + sweet potato. The girls and I love grilled marinated chicken drummets and wings. 


I love cooking rice with sweet potatoes as the juice-infused rice grains will turn sweet and fragrant naturally. Sometimes I add organic yellow and purple sweet corn kernels and pumpkin.


Air-fried salmon.  I found a simple recipe that gives me really delish air-fried or oven-grilled salmon.  I marinate the salmon with a salmon rub composed of paprika powder, black pepper, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, and mixed herbs.  And it only takes 10-12 minutes to air-fry the salmon (depending on the size).  When this is served, there's always a wrestle at the dining table.


I like to bake some nuts after baking chicken in the oven.  These sweet organic cashews are great for snacking and for adding to our sugar-free low-fat yogurt.


No comments: