Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Wait… There’s RICE in My White Pepper?!

I was today years old when I found out that the ground white pepper I bought online was NOT 100% pure pepper! πŸ˜‚

Instead, it contains ground rice mixed with white pepper. I didn't even know until my mum asked me to check the ingredients coz I told her that the pepper had no taste. 😳

Seriously, why do they have to add ground rice to pepper? No wonder this white pepper doesn't have much of a peppery taste, even though the packaging says Sarawak pepper.

So, at 53, I have learned another important auntie life lesson:

Always check the ingredients label when buying ground spices! πŸ˜‚

Make sure it says 100% pure white pepper or black pepper, with no added fillers or other ingredients.

Now I understand why this shaker-bottle white pepper was slightly cheaper. It was mixed with rice! Aiyo… felt a bit cheated. πŸ˜… But okay, partly my own ignorance because I didn't read the ingredients properly.

So don't be like this auntie. πŸ™ˆ

Read the ingredients label carefully before buying your spices. You may be getting less pepper than you think!

And BTW, have you ever seen those videos claiming that some chilli powder is adulterated with things like brick powder to make it look redder? πŸ€”πŸŒΆ️

I don't know how true every one of those videos is, but after discovering the rice in my pepper, I'm definitely going to be reading my spice labels more carefully from now on! πŸ˜‚





No comments: