Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, February 18, 2008

Easy Peasy 'Lap Mei' Rice


If you are a 'lap mei' lover, here's one easy way to cook 'lap mei' rice. There is no frying involved. Just put in the washed 'lap cheong' (Chinese pork sausage) and 'yoon cheong' (Chinese liver sausage) into the rice cooker (uncut) about 15 minutes before the rice is ready. Within minutes of putting the sausages into the rice cooker, the mouth-watering aroma of the Chinese sausages will fill the house. When the rice is cooked, remove the sausages from the rice cooker and cut them into slices. The rice will have the aroma of the Chinese sausages, from the oil of the sausages. This easy peasy to cook dish is really delicious but not quite a healthy food and definitely not a dish for the weight-watchers. Anyway, I only eat this dish once a year.

3 comments:

Vickylow said...

Thanks for sharing, ez recipe. For lap mei I only like lap cheong.

Unknown said...

I miss eating this!my kids and hubby don't like it at all.SO i don't have a chance to buy this lap cheong.yum yum

MamaJo said...

I don't like it but, I remember my hubby does.