Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 1, 2008

Gurney Drive Food Court @ Gardens

We had lunch at Gurney Drive Foodcourt (the foodcourt looks more like a restaurant) at Gardens on Monday. We were all very satisfied with the food that we ordered. There were much more choices than Little Penang Cafe at Mid Valley.

We ordered :



Hokkien sytle prawn vermicelli (tasty)

Fried kuay teow (tasty)



Asam laksa (tasty)



Ice-kacang (I prefer the one at Little Penang Cafe where the ice-kacang has Sarsi syrup and freshly cut bananas)


Fried omelette with fresh oysters (nothing special)


Nasi kandar - this is really very tasty. There are 2 types of nasi kandar - seafood set and chicken with fish set. We ordered the seafood set. I will definitely order this when we go to this food court/restaurant again.

Alycia and Sherilyn had fried rice which was also very tasty. We also ordered a rojak which I found to be too sweet and a mamak mee for our maid (tasty). The 'sar lei' fruit (is it called umbra? Sar Lei is a green color fruit grown locally and is very sour) juice was also very refreshing.

We will definitely patronize Penang Gurney Drive Foodcourt/Restaurant again to try other food and will surely order the nasi kandar again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am envy of you..yum!yum!I miss these food so much.especially the last one..must be very spicy.

Hazel said...

have a great weekend!i love the ice kacang..so yummy

JK said...

I took your advice: full first, then visit your blog.

You know, when I were studying in Penang, I love the food there. I still miss Penang's food now and then. If there's a place which sell good Penang food, I'd love to try it.

Where is Gardens?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jo-N... Gardens is the newly opened shopping mall, adjacent to Mid Valley Megamall.