Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snacks That Are Only Available During CNY





My mil went to the market in SS2 last week and bought some CNY snacks - nin koa and unshelled roasted almonds. These are my favorites and I can only eat them once a year. I've been nibbling on these roasted almonds everyday ever since.

I love the nin koa steamed and sprinkled / coated with freshly grated young coconut with a pinch of salt. This morning, I went to the sundry shop to grab a packet of grated coconut to eat with the steamed nin koa. The most I can eat are only a few spoonfuls coz they are really sweet and I will feel really 'zhai' and 'lau' if too much is eaten.
How do you like your nin koa eaten?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my grandma will make nin kao sandwich! she puts nin kao between 2 pieces of thinly sliced yam (further cut thinly sliced yam in half - semi circle shape) and deep fry them. the result? yummy!!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Claire..... i love nin koa sandwich too. Very nice but very fattening too :)