Health Freak Mommy: A Very Constipated Sherilyn

PLEASE VISIT MY OTHER BLOGS TOO!!!

Please visit my other blogs at :

http://www.healthfreakmommy.com/

for more interesting reads on my 3 little rascals and of course on my food reviews....

and my health blog,
http://www.healthiswealth.healthfreakmommy.com/

Feel free to drop by my online store at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-New-Stuff-For-Sale/305823926638 to get modish clothes at prices you will love! Please LIKE my Page too, thanks!




Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Very Constipated Sherilyn

Since birth, Sherilyn has been a very constipated baby. When she was a newborn baby, she would only poo poo once in every 3 - 8 days and when she did her poopie business, it would last between 15 - 30 minutes! Last year, I found out that her constipation was due to the Choline in the formula milk that she drinks (Enfagrow A+). Now she's on Dutch Lady 123 (day time) and Enfagrow A+ with fibre (night time). For a long time, the constipation was kept at bay until recently. She has been suffering from constipation for the last 2 weeks. This could be due to the fact that she's not eating enough and thus, does not have enough bulk to form the stools. Her eating habits have become from bad to worse lately. Whenever we eat rice with dishes, she would pout her lips and give me a 'foo kwa meen' (a face as bitter looking as bitter gourd). My maid and I have to take turns to coax, bribe and threaten her to eat... for almost 1.5-2 hours every meal. When it comes to bread, cookies, crackers, cakes and fish balls, her face would light up and she will have no problems chomping down her food.... bribe-free, cane-free and threat-free. But I can't be feeding her with these everyday, twice a day, can I?

Today is the 3rd day she has not been doing her poopie business. This morning, I made her sit on her throne for almost 2 hours yet it was a fruitless effort. After her nap this afternoon, I made her sit on the toilet for almost 1 hour and voila, the poop finally made its appearance, albeit with much pain and blood. She drinks a lot of water and milk but without sufficient solid food, there is no bulk and thus, suffers from constipation. Do you have a child who's like Sherilyn too?
Post a Comment

Google Search Engine

Custom Search