Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kon Cheen Har Loke (Dry-Style Pan Fried Prawns)

I cooked Kon Cheen Har Loke (dry-style pan fried prawns) the other day. It was my first time cooking this dish. My mil would cook this dish whenever she's around. Everyone in the family loves this dish, including my 3 girls, even Baby!

It's really simple to cook.

These are the ingredients :




1) Cooking oil
2) Chinese cooking wine
3) Soy sauce
4) Brown or white sugar
5) Spring onions for garnishing (I did not have any spring onions in my fridge, so left that out. The prawns would taste better if stalks of spring onions are cooked in the last step)

Method:
1) Heat up some oil in the wok
2) Fry the prawns for about 15-20 minutes or until the shells turn into orangy color like this:



3) Dish up the prawns

4) Then, prepare the sauce.
5) With the remaining oil left in the wok, pour in some soy sauce, sugar and chinese cooking wine and stir for about 5 minutes. Test the taste. Put in the stalks of spring onions (cut into 3-4 inches in length)
6) Pour the hot sauce over the prawns.


See the orangy color sauce? It's pure prawns sauce from the prawn roe. It tastes really yummy. iLikey!


You can also slice up some cool Japanese cucumbers for garnishing. Eating cool cucumbers would bring down the heatiness.

Easy peasy right? Tastes really good too. Hmmm, know what, I am really tempted to open a small eatery and dish up some delicious MSG-free homecooked dishes. But I think I will need a business plan consultant to help me in the preliminary set-up.

4 comments:

Shenny's mommy said...

Haha..another good simple dish to try out. Thanks.

Chris said...

Looks easy plus delish! Will have to try it out.

CL said...

one of my fav way to eat those yummy prawn.. har luk style. thanks.

Bits said...

These prawns look really delicious! I am a big fan of prawns, must try this recipe! Can I have some if I happen to drop by your place? haha...