Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Home-made Chicken Nuggets

After more than 5 failed attempts, I finally succeeded in making my own chicken nuggets. And they taste really good, as good as the ones from MacD or KFC, minus all the food additives and recycled oil.

Here's the recipe that I've created (makes about 20 pieces) :

Chicken breast, blended
1 tbs wholemeal flour
1 tbs corn flour
2 eggs
Dash of pepper and salt

Mixed everything well in a big bowl, scoop out and fry them in a non-stick pan, spoon by spoon.





Even Miss Spity Spat Sherilyn ate the chicken nuggets.

14 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

great recipe. am going to try....one fine day, when i can get my hands on wholemeal flour..hahaha

Mamapumpkin said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm hopeless with nuggets and cutlets but hopefully your recipe will work with me. Maybe my oil not hot enough ler....

Mamapumpkin said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm hopeless with nuggets and cutlets but hopefully your recipe will work with me. Maybe my oil not hot enough ler....

J@n!ce said...

Looks really yummy. My boys love nuggets too. :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

yummy! and sherilyn is eating!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Secret is you hv to use a non-stick pan under medium fire. My stubborn maid, despite me telling her not to use the kuali, fried the nuggets using the kuali the first few times and the nuggets were coated with black dots. When she finally used the non-stick pan, the nuggets turned out golden brown and not burnt.

Unknown said...

Mmm... looks delish. And thanks for sharing the secret.

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM---OK, such a very cute photo of her eating (smile)! They look really deee-lish and she seems to think so too!

Cherry said...

You can't go wrong with nuggets. I always have frozen nuggets ready for emergency.

Leena said...

must be really nice. your girls are eatin them with their eyes closed. so cute.

MamaJo said...

Wow, thanks for the receipe ya...will definitely try it out...btw, really need to use non stick pan huh? cannot kuali?

Health Freak Mommy said...

mamajo... when my maid used kuali, the nuggets got burnt and coated with black burnt dots.

Anonymous said...

I also add frozen spinach. I thaw and squeeze the water out. You can't taste it, and it adds extra nutritional value!

MrsSpock said...

I make these all the time for my son now- they are wonderful!