Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 31, 2007

How We Spent Our Merdeka Day

We went to Mid Valley Megamall at around 11am today and as it was a public holiday, the traffic was pretty horrendous. There were oceans of people and a human traffic jam at Mid Valley. We wanted to have lunch at Dragon-I but the queue was crazy. We then retreated and went to American Chillis instead. We ordered 2 mugs of brocolli & cheese soup, an Oldtimer's burger, a spaghetti and a Fajitas combo comprising chicken and beef. With 2 main meals, we got 2 kids' meal FOC. After lunch, we went windown shopping and I went into a newly opened Crocs boutique. I saw the Crocs shoes that my sil bought Alycia and Sherilyn from Hong Kong and they cost RM129 each. I saw a Crocs sandals that I really love that came in 3 colors, i.e. lime green & white, pink & white and baby blue & white. I looked great on them but when I saw the price tag, I put the sandals back. At RM169 for a pair of plastic sandals, I can get almost 4 pairs of cheaper shoes from Vincci. Well, if I were still working, I'd have bought the Crocs sandals without any second thoughts. After that, we headed to Jaya Jusco supermarket and bought a trolley load of groceries. The human traffic jam was a real turn off and we left Mid Valley in no time. I tend to have a phobia shopping with my 2 beautiful gals at a crowded place, for fear of my gals being kidnapped.

Back home, after putting the gals to nap, my mil and hubby went to the pasar malam and bought our weekly supply of vegetables, fish and fruits. My mil also bought our favorite 'lok lok' (steamboat) and of course durians! I ate so much lok lok that I am now so bloated. Luckily we are having something light for dinner - porridge. And guess what porridge we are having? It's porridge with dried scallops, dried oysters, chicken and a can of Australian abalones. Sounds yummy eh?

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

I dare not go to MidValley during long weekends because it is packed like sardines :D Must really watch the gals like a hawk eh? I have phobias too ;D I agree with you about the crocs sandals. I love them too but rm169 for plastic shoes are a bit too much :D Can get a leather one for less ;D

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the crocs..! i bought knock offs for chloe too..! just too el-cheapo to spend so much on a plastic sandals.. which i did last year. *slap forehead*. I can't wait to come home to enjoy all the food you are enjoying now.. hahha!!