Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 10, 2007

My Gals Are Learning BM Fast

Yes they are. Alycia and Sherilyn can understand Bahasa Melayu (BM) pretty well when my maid speaks to them in BM. They can also speak a smattering of BM :

I tak mau (I don't want)
Mana (where)
Makan (eat)
Kencing (wee wee)
Berak (poo poo)
Buang (throw)
Simpan (keep)
Minum (drink)
Balik (come home)
Kasut (shoes)
Pergi (go)
Kucing (cat)
Kotor (dirty)
Mau banyak (want a lot)
Duduk sini (sit here)
Kakak you cari for me (kakak you find for me)
Learning to count satu, dua, tiga (one, two, three, etc.).......... in BM
and much more but that's all I can think of now.

When our new maid arrives in December, hopefully the gals will be able to converse with her in simple BM whilst I teach the new maid some simple English.

No comments: