Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Alycia My Young Reader



Every morning as the gals have their breakfast, I will be seated at the dining table reading the newspapers as I sip my cup of green tea. Most times, Alycia will climb onto my chair and ask me to read the newspapers to her. I will then quiz her by pointing out familiar words to her. Yesterday, as I walked into the kitchen to get a bowl, Alycia quickly climbed onto my chair and began to 'read' the papers, flipping the pages like a pro reader and pointing to the words as if she knows how to read. I think I will be the happiest mommy around if Alycia can finally read a book or the newspapers on her own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big girl lor! Wait till the day she starts to snatch Section 2 from you..that's where the comics are.

Anonymous said...

Hi HFM--such good focus! Look at her learning how to begin to read. Soon ...

And will you want to share your newsapaper then (wink)?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Vien... actually reading the comics can improve one's vocab & grammar. I learnt a lot from reading comics when I was younger. I dont mind if Alycia fights for the papers with me & i am waiting for that day to come, haha...

TNP... I am waiting for the day to come when I can finally share my newspapers & books with my gals :)

Anonymous said...

so lucky u can read paper with your children around. i can hardly fix my eyes on any words with qiqi :(

Anonymous said...

We are lazy parents.. hahah!! haven't even started our brat on a writing or recognising words yet.