Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Simple, Healthy and Tasty Dishes

On Sunday, we feasted at PJ Hilton to celebrate Father's Day. Normally after having buffet for lunch, I'd have an ultra light dinner consisting of only vegetables and soup. The gals will still eat their regular dinner. This is what we had for dinner on Sunday, something light and simple, after pigging out during lunch :

Stir-fried turnip with shredded carrots, mushrooms, dried shredded cuttlefish and diced chicken breast. This dish is the gals' favourite, as well as mine.


Steamed egg with minced chicken meat, sweet corn, spring onions, soya sauce and sesame seed oil. I call it Chawan Mushi (a Japanese steamed egg dish which the gals love) and the gals think it is Chawan Mushi and so devour it too.


Plain french beans, microwaved. This is plain and rather tasteless but the gals love it anyway, especially Sherilyn my little herbivore who loves nibbling on the beans.

14 comments:

Chinneeq said...

everytime after buffer no mood to eat oredi, hehe....we normally opt for plain porridge.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wah....where do you find the time to cook such tasty food eh? I'm drooling already.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee... b4 the kids came along, i'd skip dinner after having buffet 4 lunch but now when the gals eat, i also eat. That's why i gotta exercise everyday coz i eat a lot :)

Mom to Chumsy... i taught my maid to cook, so i just sit bk & relax whilst she cooks ;)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

everytime you post foodie pictures, i start to drool, makes me want to taste it.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Girlie... really? Why dont you also post some Filipino foodie pix in your blog & make us drool as well? I've not tasted Filipino food b4 & it'll be interesing to see what you guys eat.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! Thanks for dropping by my site.

I have added you, do add me in your site as well. Thanks!

Sweetpea said...

oooo yum yum! i like the first one!! my mum makes delicious wan.. cant' wait to go back!

Sweetpea said...

oooo yum yum! i like the first one!! my mum makes delicious wan.. cant' wait to go back!

Leena said...

i love the french beans that way too. quite tasteless but tasty and crunchy hor.

jazzmint said...

keke...eh i love those first dish, great to go with popiah skin ;)

Anonymous said...

All the above are my favourite except for the last. errr.... too plain for my tastebud, but alas, it is so healthy!

LZmommy said...

All the dishes look very healthy! You are indeed a health freak mama :)

Anonymous said...

I love steam eggs too.. but mine hor.. always turned out to be ugly looking..and not as tasty either.. ! wanna share your recipe..??

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mamabok... your steam egg turned out ugly could be coz u added too little or too much water? I agak-agak add in the water too but I think I remember my mil telling me that for each egg that you steam, add in 1 shell of water to it. To do that, just prick 1 small hole to the raw egg to pour out the egg, then add water into the egg shell thru the hole. Sweet corns make the steam egg sweeter and tastier.