Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 3, 2007

Maid Story - Part 3

When hubby asked our maid if she wants to leave the house with her boyfriend, our sobbing maid said 'no'. Hubby who was really mad with our maid told her that if she wants to continue working for us till mid Jan 08, she'd better behave herself and stop giving us problems. I've never seen hubby this angry with this maid or our previous maids before. I know he was really worried that history would repeat itself when she brings her Nepalese boyfriend (whom she barely knows) home to sleep. We had overly trusted our previous maids but they had really disappointed us when they sneaked out to meet their boyfriends in the wee hours of the morning leaving our house door wide open. The worse was when they brought their boyfriends (construction workers) back to our house, men whom they barely knew themselves. What if those men were really bad? They could have harmed us and thinking back, I did not even lock my room door at night.

After I had asked hubby to tone down and to stop pursuing the matter, we all went to the park. Our maid felt much better when I bought her the lip balm that she had wanted to buy earlier. At least she felt reassured that we will not ask her to leave anymore. During dinner time when hubby had cooled down, he started to talk with our maid and joked with her a little.

Later at night when I was in my bedroom with my maid and the gals, my maid asked me why 'sir' was so angry with her. I then told her the reason - about her breaking her contract of service and our bad encounter with our previous maids. I also told her that I did not like her showing her tantrum when she slammed the door and stormed upstairs. We had a heart to heart talk and this managed to cheer her up a bit.

It's really not easy keeping a maid, both financially and emotionally. If I have a choice, I would not want to have a live-in maid anymore.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I never want a live in maid.Never trust them.I had a bad experience too.I don't trust them cuz my previous maid had mental problem.That's scare me to death.Nearly harm my elder daughter when she was 2.I hate this happen again.

Chinneeq said...

it is good also that at least now she is afraid of your hubby so that she know her boundaries. Part time cleaner is easy but surely cannot help as much as a live in maid. i wonder if i shud be taking one soon.

Montessorimum said...

WIth 2 young children and a baby on the way, you need a maid. With a maid now, my hands are full...I hardly have time to sit in front of the PC anymore.

Ms One Boobie said...

Some maid hor. .they never know how blessed they are . .to have good employers like you and your hubby.
My ex-SIL .. aiyoh.. feed the maid so little.. and expect her to work. .like a dog. .and never ever buy anything for her at all. Some more. gotta.. kenna left, right and center .. from my ex-MIL . .everyday.. because she was a lil' senile.