Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Modem Conked Out

One of my greatest fears came true this morning when my modem conked out. My computer has been running really slow and the internet connection has been unstable for the past few days. I thought there were some probs with Streamyx or a bug has hit my PC. The modem was still ok at 2am but when I tried to turn it on at 6am, there were no lights, not even the 'power' light was blinking. I panicked and knew I had to wait a few days for the TM Net technician to fix it as it is the weekend. I called TM Net and was told that I had to wait for 2 working days. I told the guy I had to get the modem replaced ASAP as I'm running a home business and can't afford to have any downtime (must exaggerate a bit lar) but the guy told me no, I have to wait for 2 working days. Not satisfied with the Malaysian 'no attitude', I called again and this time, I wasn't Miss Nice anymore. I tried to exert some urgency and raised my voice a tad bit and it worked. The guy promised to send me a technician by today.

By 10am, the technician was still no where to be seen and I called again. This time, the 3rd customer service guy told me the same crap - "no Mam' our technicians don't work on a weekend". I gave him a piece of my mind and told him I want to see a technican first thing Monday morning. 1/2 hour later, I saw a TM Net van outside my house. When I saw the technician outside my gate, I was happy beyond words. The technician found out that my modem's adaptor was faulty and got it replaced. I was so happy and thankful that I gave him quite a big tip albeit it's FOC.

No comments: