Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 27, 2007

Purple Flower Plant

Since I'd received requests from many mommies to have the picture of the purple flower plant taken, I went to the playground near my house early this morning to have the pic of the purple flower plant snapped.



Sorry, I don't know the scientific English name of this plant and I'm not sure if this plant grows in any other country besides tropical countries. You can do a google search to find out more about this plant.

I was advised that the leaves of the plant can also be boiled and I normally put in 2 blades of leaves to boil together with barley for Alycia and Sherilyn to drink. Another benefit of drinking water boiled from the flowers and leaves of this plant is that it alleviates constipation. It works for me and my 2 gals in relieving constipation. In fact you will have a real smooth 'business' after consuming this drink and it doesn't cause any tummy discomfort.

*Disclaimer - this is not intended to be a medical advice*

7 comments:

J@n!ce said...

I've never seen this plant before. It does have such good benefits you said. I do love the color though, its my fav color...hehehe ;p

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

my first time to see that plant, i don't think we have that here. but it has good benefits ha

Anonymous said...

Hi Shireen,

Thanks a lot for your kind thoughts!

Alice

Leena said...

never noticed of such a plant around. green ones, but no purple-ish.

jazzmint said...

wah my house got loads of this man

mommy of 3 angels said...

hey thanks i just wonder is it the same as the flowers you posted here

http://healthfreakmommy.blogspot.com/2007/07/purple-flower-natural-anti-oxidant.html

if it is...yahooo my neighbour have loads of those! thanks again

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mei Ling... yes, same plant. If you're doubtful, why dont you snap a pic of the plant and email the pic to me? I'll verify it :)