Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 5, 2007

Enlarged Lymph Nodes

Remember I had written about the swollen lymph nodes in Sherilyn's neck sometime back? Well, after more than 3 months, the lump can still be felt on her right neck. Though it has shrunk in size considerably but the fact that it's still there made me uneasy. So upon the recommendation of her paed, we brought Sherilyn to Pantai Cheras Medical Centre last week to have an ultrasound scan of her neck. The radiologist explained that the lump was only an enlarged lymph node and said that it's very common in kids, especially after an infection or flu. It's not a lump or a cyst. So that gave me some relief but I still have to monitor the size of the lymph node.


Sherilyn was so tensed as she lay on the bed in the cold air-cond room.

When the radiologist put the cold gel on her neck, she cried and struggled, so daddy had to hug her and carry her throughout the scan.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

poor girl. at least she stayed still though she's frightened. glad that everything is fine.

Chinneeq said...

Oh....u came all the way to Pantai cheras? Qiqi has one too, quite big and can see with our raw eyes. I pulak brought her all the way to a famous pead surgeon in Gleanegles and he said she is fine. So we leave it until today.

Unknown said...

oh i really know how she feel, very scare...me also have lymph node on my right neck, but I operated it finally. glad that she is fine.