Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pre-School Fun and Junk Food

One of the things that motivates Alycia to go to school is that she gets to bring her lunchbox filled with her favorite snacks to school every morning. When her classmates celebrate their birthdays, she gets to eat cakes, junk food and bring home birthday packs. Last week, Alycia got this birthday pack when her classmate celebrated her birthday. The birthday pack was filled with MSG, sugar and coloring laden addictives junk food. Sometimes I wonder how some parents think - encouraging their young kids to eat such unhealthy junk food. When she reached home, she was so happy and showed me the birthday pack. I told her she couldn't eat most of the snacks in there as they are not very healthy but she wouldn't listen. She was willing to part with a packet of spicy keropok and some biscuits but she wouldn't want to part with the sweets and jellies. When she was asleep, I quickly hid them.




The other thing that Alycia loves about attending pre-school is that she gets to make crafts. This is what the teacher helped her make last week, a bunny paper lantern.

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

the lantern is cute :D I also don't intend to introduce those junk food to ashley. hope i can stop her from eating them till she reach her teens...hahahaha

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mom to chumsy... till Ashley's teens? I doubt so coz when she goes to school, it's hard to keep her away from these temptations. I remember I was once crazy with junkies too, haha!

Annie Q said...

Cute bunny lantern! nice!

MamaJo said...

Yalor....luckily, my Jona is really 'Mr Choosy'....so, whatever he bring back home - party pack...he never eat at all, all for his mommy...:)