Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 5, 2007

Yellow Ginger Chicken

This is my all-time favorite dish - 'wong keong kai' or yellow ginger (kunyit) chicken. It's wholesome and delicious. I can't wait for my confinement days to arrive (though I hate the 'pantang' part) so that I can ask my confinement lady to cook this dish for me everyday. Yes, when I love a dish, I don't mind eating it everyday. I never got tired of my confinement dishes during my confinement. Now, I'm just so looking forward to eat those dishes again.

It's quite easy to cook this dish. Just coarsely blend some yellow ginger (make sure you use enough, else the chicken will be quite tasteless) and shallots and pan-fry them till fragrant and brown. Add chicken, some salt and some water and voila... you have a fragrant, mouth-watering dish on your table.





Even Alycia loves this dish. She ate so much till her mouth and face were stained yellow!

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

very pretty girl lah your girls....Yi Yi always say so as well!

jazzmint said...

wow alycia also loves it..must be so yummy

Shermaine said...

Hi, I love yellow ginger chicken. Are you willing to share your recipe?